//make posts preview with a thumbnail

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Site is Under some Minor maintenance

So after running this site for almost 4 months plus have decided to run with a new blog design so it will take some time to customize it but it is a more responsive them while the old site had longer blog previews this sites aims to cut the previews down and attract my readers with catchy titles but still great content and hope to be poster more and more as I get some more guest bloggers to contribute their posts to my site and in return they can send a backlink back to your site. You would just have to email me at admin@trafficmarketinggdaddy.com and you can submit your post after I give you an author login.

This site at 4 months had some growth to up to 4,000 unique visitors and climbing.. 1,000 twitter followers, 500 Facebook followers and have made a decent amount of money from various different ventures in short period of time. We have had some traffic spikes in the last two months that made my image CDN company (Cloudinary)  made me upgrade from my FREE plan to a paid plan. Also may need to start looking for a better hosting plan as being on a shared hosting plan even though I have unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth and unlimited domains I am limited by the amount of RAM that the webserver allocates to my sites.. Imagine that everything is unlimited except for the limitations on the server itself which hosts my site so in other words you are limitating me right from the beginning.

When I ask how much RAM am I entitled to use with the Shared Hosting Plan ? I was told that they (Dreamhost) are not allowed to tell their Shared Hosting Plan subscribers. What kind of crap is that ? No to demeanor Dreamhost or any other company which probably operates the same way but lesson to be learned here is that can't be cheap any more on hosting because it will affect speed, performance, server crashes/spikes, and less visitors (or inpatient people who will leave because site takes too long to load)

So Things to do include are

1) Upgrade Cloudinary (Image CDN account)

2) Upgrade DreamHost Plan  to VPS Plan

3) Work on new responsive WP theme

No comments:

Post a Comment